Just today, a letter of hers was printed and it reads verbatim, as follows;
"A recent letter from Congressman Darrell ("Issa R-CA?") discussed his re-election, for which he was
beginning to raise funds. I decided it was a perfect opening to give him a few suggestions,
I'm sure I will receive remarks from it, but that's fine.
1. Block all funds to Obama unless cleared by the House - except his salary.
2. Charge a fee for Air Force One, per mile, except House approved emergencies.
3. Keep him out of the business world.
4. No more than one detention center (that is enough for invading terrorists). If he used
them for those who disagree with him, it would take thousands of them. He threatens
to lock up all who do not agree with his policies.
5. He cannot change one word of our Constitution unless approved by "we the people."
6. Czars must be vetted by a committee of House members and uses approved by the House.
7. Leave guns alone.
8. We need the truth about Benghazi.
9. We expect to restrict laws used in our courts to be our U.S. laws, not those of the many
countries that reside here.
Anne G., Venice
Can anyone guess where in the world this women gets her political information from? For someone that wants the Constitution to be held sacred, she seems to have no clue what the Constitution actually says!
1. President Obama, like ALL presidents, cannot spend one dime more than what is approved by the United States Congress. Is she implying that the Senate should have no role in appropriations or the budget? 2. A fee is paid for the use of Air Force One whenever used for political purposes. Since when has ANY president been personally charged a fee to use the "flying White House?" Once again, where in the Constitution does it give the exclusive right to the House to interfere with the use of an Air Force aircraft by the Constitutional Commander in Chief? No where! 3. The President of the United States has several levers available to deal with the business world. Why else is the Department of Treasury, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Department of Labor, et. al., part of the Executive Branch under the Constitution? Why else does the President have the authority to appoint the members of the Federal Reserve? 4. Can anyone possibly provide credible evidence that Obama is establishing "detention centers" to imprison all that disagree with his policies? The paranoia created by the Right Wing Media Machine is out of control, and they should be called to task for this phenomena. 5. Where has any language of the Constitution been "changed" by President Obama? Is she totally clueless that the document is to be interpreted solely by the Supreme Court? Is she completely unaware of the formal and informal powers of the President under Article II of the very Constitution she claims is sacrosanct?
6. Agency and Department Heads are already vetted by the Justice Department, but also must obtain the advise and consent of the United States Senate - it's called Confirmations! Advise and Consent are the exclusive authority of the United States Senate under Article I of the Constitution. So much for Ms. G's "suggestions!"
7. Gun restrictions are subject to regulations promulgated by Congress with the Executive. Only the Supreme Court can rule if they are not in line with the Second Amendment. 8. The "truth" has been learned already by the appropriate committee in the Senate. Due to the nature of the information, much of it shall remain "classified." I'm still waiting for the Warren Report to be published publicly and that information is from 50 years ago this November. Get in line lady! 9. Unless she is speaking about ecclesiastic courts, I am unaware of any other country's laws being applied in our courts of law. More paranoia and misinformation from the Right Wing Ideological For-Profit Media.
Isn't is about time the Media go back to reporting real news instead of fake prostitution scandals (Sen Menendez) or fake terrorist groups (Friends of Hamas), Obama is taking all of your guns away, and Obama is making himself "King" and....well, you get the point. But folks like Anne G. can't seem to understand that the Constitution is being respected....by those that actually know what it says! And to think some folks applaud this woman's beliefs. Are we as a nation in trouble, or what?